Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) Meeting with Distributors of Pest Control Products in Eldoret
AAK through the Publicity, Recruitment and Dealer Accreditation Sub Committee held a regional meeting, for the key distributors on Thursday, 25th August 2016 at Cicada Hotel, Eldoret. The main objective of this meeting was to bring on board and or to recruit more distributors/stockists’ to the Association.
The meeting discussed:
- Relevance of AAK to distributors (benefits of the Association to the Distributors was discussed at length)
- Streamlining Distribution Channel hence Clean Supply Chain Development
- Accreditation of the distributors to fight off counterfeiters of pest control and related products
- Achievements of AAK which included Responsible Use (RU) training leading to safe food, safe environment, export of product, transportation of obsolete crop protection products to UK for destruction, Setting Poison Information and Emergency Centre to handle poisoning incidences.
- Recruitment of potential distributors.
The meeting was successful and therefore a number of distributors are yet to join the Association. Although the distributors had a few concerns which included issues ranging from some of the hardwares handling pesticides to AAK being able to decentralize its services i.e opening reginal branches in order to serve distributors better. The meeting agreed that these concerns/interests would only be addressed once the distributors join AAK membership.
In order to streamline distribution systems in Kenya, AAK through the Publicity, Recruitment and Dealer Accreditation Sub Committee will, therefore, continue with this exercise of recruitment of Distributors of pest control and related products throughout the country. This will help the Agrochem Industry to be able to regulate itself through its Code of Practice and also to speak with one voice so as to protect and safeguard the interests of all its members.
Member companies of AAK are being urged to send their distributors list to the Secretariat to enable this exercise to run smoothly.
Development of a Clean Supply Chain is one of the priority objectives for the Association to fight counterfeit products.
AAK would like to thank publicity recruitment and dealer accreditation sub- committee for organizing this meeting.
The publicity team :
- Paul Kamote – Chair Publicity- Sineria E.A Ltd
- Seraphine Kabutha – Cooper K. Brands
- Regina Irungu- Ultravetis
- Moses Murimi- New Down Town
- Fred Inzira- Anset International
- Jackson Kitheka- Twiga Chemicals
Below attached are some photos taken during the event.
The Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) is, the umbrella organization in Kenya for manufacturers, formulators, repackers, importers, distributors, farmers and users of pest control products (pesticides). It is also the national representative of the International Agrochem Industry represented worldwide by CropLife International (formerly GIFAP).www.agrochem.co.ke/
Latest from Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK)
- The Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) Annual General Meeting 2017
- Call For Part-Time Trainers
- Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) Annual Dinner 2016 held on Friday, 18 November 2016 at Radisson Blu, Nairobi.
- Agrochemicals Association of Kenya and Kenya Market Trust partnership launch held at The Serena Hotel Nairobi
- AAK Launch Of County Level Workshops And Expos Aimed At Improving Farmers’ Access To And Effective Use Of Agricultural Inputs Among Other Services