AGROCHEMICALS ASSOCIATION OF KENYA
REVISED CONSTITUTION AND RULES
The name of the Association shall be the AGROCHEMICALS ASSOCIATION OF KENYA.
For the purpose of this Constitution and Rules "Pesticide"shall mean:
- Materials and substances of any kind used or intended to be used either alone or mixed with other materials or substances for:-
- The protection of plant life against disease and animal pests.
- The purpose of fumigation.
- The preservation of products other than human and animal foods:or
- The protection of stored commodities against insect and fungal pests, and
- When available live predators for use in the control of pests referred to in paragraph (c) herein.
THE OFFICE The principal office of the Association shall be situated in Nairobi.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- The Association shall be non-political;
- It shall strive to protect and further the common interests of its members concerned with the manufacture, formulation and distribution of pesticides;
- To encourage and promote just, fair and honourable practice, to oppose malpractice and illegal practices in the operation of the industry;
- To provide through the medium of the Executive Committee, an agency for liaison with the Government and its agencies on matters of mutual interest;
- To work through the medium of the Executive Committee with the Government towards the regulation and importation of pesticides through the members of the Association only;
- To consider and, where possible and desirable in the common interest of the Members, to deal with matters relating to:-
- Customs duties and rates,
- Import restrictions,
- Registration and labelling of agricultural chemicals,
- Packing specifications and regulations,
- Inland road and rail rates and regulations,
- Safety codes for agricultural chemicals,
- Setting up of standards,
- Analytical and test methods,
- Other matters of interests to members:
|aakconstitution ED ...||AAK CONSTITUTION.pdf|